The Instructional League is for Kindergarten players who are at least 5 years old (Pre-K does not qualify, even if age 5) and they generally play their games on Saturday mornings at Bedford Village Town Park.
The Rookie League is for 1st and 2nd grade players and they generally play one game on Saturday mornings and one game during the week, both at Pound Ridge Town Park.
The Minor League is for 3rd and 4th grade players and they generally play one weekend game and one weeknight game, generally at Pound Ridge Elementary School.
The Major League is for 5th and 6th grade players and they generally play one weekend game and one weeknight game at Bedford Village Town Park.
The Senior League is for players in 7th, 8th and 9th grades. Their teams play their games against teams from other towns, travel is minimal however.
BPRBA sponsors a team which plays in the Challenger League. This League provides a baseball experience for children with physical and mental disabilities.
Schedules of games for the upcoming week can be found on the bottom of this page. Complete schedules for each league can be obtained by clicking on the "schedules" tab to the left. Standings for the Minors, Majors and Seniors can be obtained by clicking on the "standings" tab to the left.
There are travel baseball teams in the summer and fall for age groups 9 and up. You must play in the current Spring season AND live in either Bedford Village or Pound Ridge in order to be eligible to try out for these teams. Age is determined as of April 30th of each year. Summer games run from the middle of June through the middle of August. Fall games run from the beginning of September through the end of October. Tryouts for these teams are typically held in May. Please see below for more on our eligibility criteria and any updates for Travel try outs.
A child must meet ONE of the following six criteria in order to be eligible to play in the BPRBA rec league and try out for our Travel Teams:
1) attend BVES (or be zoned to according to BCSD)
2) attend PRES. (or be zoned to according to BCSD)
3) currently reside in 10506
4) currently reside in 10576
5) pay Fire / Park taxes to Bedford Village
6) pay Fire / Park taxes to Pound Ridge
* Players attending Rippowam Cisqua or St. Patrick's are welcome to play in our rec league, regardless of their home address.
* Players attending Rippowam Cisqua or St. Patrick's must still meet One of the six criteria in order to be eligible to try out for our Travel Teams.
* In the event the league does not have enough eligible children to make up a Travel team, children who do not meet our criteria may be considered.
* Any child who does not meet any of the above criteria but recently played in our rec league and would like to continue, is welcome to do so, as are their siblings.
We hope you find our website useful and informative.